The most complete set of real-time video capabilities for multi-camera live production and streaming in a single system under $6000.
The new TriCaster all-in-one live production system empowers everyone from stations on a tight budget to video bloggers to create professional looking programs. Even on a small budget anyone can capture live HD video and look like a pro doing it.
The desktop design, integrated production capabilities and easy to use tools simplifies video production for everyone. No need to piece together a system from multiple vendors just add cameras and audio and go.
Pros will appreciate the full feature set and the speed with which you can get the system setup and running. Even if you are new to the business you don’t have to settle for a barely good enough feature limited system. Everything you need to produce a polished program is included in the box.
TriCaster 40 Basic Features:
- 14 Channel switcher with 4 camera inputs
- Stream, project, record and broadcast from the same system
- Supports SD 480i, HD 720p and HD 1080i
- Output both HD and SD simultaneously
- Mix and match camera resolutions
- media servers for clip playback and capture
- Network inputs for computer display sources, Apple Airplay and more
- 24 Virtual Sets included
- Encode and broadcast output to the web during production
- Broadcast grade component inputs not low-end and troublesome HDMI
New Features for 2.0:
- Animation Store Creator – create your own custom transitions
- LiveText Character Generator – this is the internal version
- Session Resolutions – flexible 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 720/30p and 720/24p now selectable
- Recording Options – QuickTime, AVI, MPEG-2, or H.264 file formats, plus optional MP3 audio
- New Multiview Layouts – full multiview options on a second computer monitor
- New Audio Mixer Effects Channel – put custom sounds with those custom transitions
- Built-in Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope
- Content Creation – Export Media application for batch export and transcode of content files
- Configurable AUX video output – new secondary output source and format options
Technology doesn’t get in the way Many other “small budget” solutions require a network connected host CPU and monitor for display and operation, as well as an additional monitor for source preview, separate devices for streaming and recording, and all the cables and connectors to assemble them. This drives up the total cost of ownership (and the need for professional expertise) before you even power on the product.
Set up anywhere
The desktop-friendly design is portable for live production use and in locations where space is at a premium: A/V carts wheeled from classroom to classroom, tight front-of-house sound booths, desktop/tabletop in temporary production area. You can carry using a case or backpack to any production location.
Entry-level price. Professional Features
Means you don’t have to settle for a so called “web tv production” software that forces you to add converters, purchase multiple capture cards, and upgrade to pro versions to access virtual sets. The signal is broadcast-television quality – so you can choose to broadcast, syndicate, or post-produce your content too instead of settling for streaming-only quality.
Notes for Educational buyers:
- Educational version includes a free copy of LiveText.
- Educational version includes a copy of NewTek’s video production curriculum.
TRICASTER 40 TECH SPECS
- Switcher Channels 14 – 6 external, 4 internal, 4 virtual inputs
- Video Input 4 simultaneous live video sources, in any combination of HD Component, SD Component, Y/C or Composite and supported resolutions – Each input includes integrated frame synchronizer – Independent keying, cropping and Proc Amp controls per input – BNC connectivity Network Sources 2 simultaneous live sources via Gigabit connection, selectable from any networked computer or Apple® AirPlay® device – Independent keying, cropping and Proc Amp controls per input
- Media 3 integrated digital media sources for video and graphics: DDR and GFX x 2 – Independent keying, cropping and Proc Amp controls per media source
- Virtual Inputs 4 independent, mix/effect-style channels supporting multi-source compositions, virtual sets, double-box effects and more – 3 configurable sources per channel, each with independent positioning, scaling and cropping, including upstream keyer with DVE and transition controls
- Downstream Key 2 downstream keyers, each with independent DVE, transition controls, positioning and scaling
- Video Layers Up to 5 layers on-screen simultaneously
- Virtual Sets 24 HD live virtual sets, with multiple camera angles, real-time reflections, specular highlights, animated zoom and presets
- Video Output – 2 x Analog BNC configurable for Component or Y/C + Composite (Program and SD only AUX) – Network output for live streaming
- Recording Native recording in resolutions up to 1080p Encoded as QuickTime®, AVI, MPEG-2, or H.264 file formats, plus optional MP3 audio
- Recording Capacity Accommodates ~ 20 hours 1080i or ~ 120 hours 480i via internal drive in QuickTime format – Capacity expandable using external media drives
- Live Streaming HD live streaming via Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® Push/Pull
- Audio Inputs 1/4” Mono (Mic), RCA x 2 Stereo L/R (Line)
- Audio Outputs RCA x 2 Stereo L/R 1/4” Stereo (phones)
- Audio Mixing Integrated multi-channel audio mixer for internal and external audio sources, output, stream and headphones
- Supported Formats NTSC: 1080i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 720p, 720/30p, 720/24p, 480i (16:9), 480i (4:3)
- Playback Media Formats AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1, 2, all profiles, program or transport streams), MP4, WMV, WebM, PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more, with Import Media application for batch import with optional transcoding of files (including Apple ProRes)
- Processing Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit Floating Point
- Audio: 4 channels, 96 kHz, 32-bit Floating Point
- System Physical 10.4 x 8.5 x 17.5 in 19 lbs